Thursday, April 23, 2015

Week 1 - Day 2 & 3 - Declutter and Clean



Cleaning and Decluttering

I can see the progress already and I couldn't be happier.  My kitchen is so clean and uncluttered, and I'm only half way through the week!  I'm even seeing a change in my attitude.  Just look at the before and after shots!!!

I had so many non essential items on my counter tops.  Mail, baskets of Easter candy, decorative items with no purpose, and a plant that wasn't doing too well.   Most of the mail was junk and could be immediately tossed,  I found a good place in the pantry for the Easter candy to go, I removed the decorations and placed aside for now, and tossed the half dead plant.  Add a little elbow grease and now I have a clean surface with only every day items in view.  

The space feels clean, but a bit bare (especially by the coffee pot) for my taste.  My husband asked if we were moving, LOL!  I'm going to keep to the cleaning schedule for now, but plan in the near future to decorate with accessories that go well in the space, not overpower an area and if possible, serve a function as well.

My cleaning adventures continue this week and I couldn't be more excited.  Last night I cleaned appliances and found myself with more time, so I started on Thursday/Friday duties. 

I did a little shopping on my lunch break earlier this week and found some great organizing materials for a great value.  Can't wait to share, and would love for you to share your adventures with me as well =)   Email me at cleanlifehappylife@gmail.com.

_________________________________________________________________________________ 

I just want to remind all those who are reading my post and thinking, "Must be nice, I wish I had the time."  If I can do this, you can too!!!   By organizing the daily duties, I am spending just an hour or two each night on those delegated tasks.  I am a busy mom that holds a full-time job.  When I get home at 5:15, I still have homework time with my daughter, try to get a 30-minute walk/jog around the neighborhood, dinner on the table, followed by clean-up, baths and then bedtime story.  Some sacrifices are being made and I'm being creative as to the timing I complete tasks.   For example, I plan dinner around cleaning.  Monday was meatloaf that I pre-made Sunday night. I knew it will take at least an hour to bake, so as soon as it goes in the oven I started the tasks for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment